This unit of competency describes the skills and knowledge required to prepare and operate machinery and equipment in a safe and controlled manner that is used principally in agriculture, horticulture, and conservation and land management work.
This unit does not apply to chainsaws, tractors, vehicles or earth moving equipment.
The unit applies to individuals who operate machinery and equipment under broad direction, and take responsibility for their own work.
No occupational licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this unit at the time of publication.
The candidate must provide evidence that they can:
▪ identify hazards and implement safe operating procedures
▪ complete pre-operational checks
▪ attach ancillary equipment and checking for correct operation
▪ recognise and reporting defects
▪ operate machinery and equipment to industry standards
▪ apply safe and environmentally responsible workplace practices
▪ implement shut down procedures
▪ clean, secure and store machinery
▪ record maintenance and operation details
In order to receive a certificate for any accredited course, all students must have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). We recommend that you create your USI before you book your course. You will need your USI to enrol. Create one or find out more at www.usi.gov.au