TLILIC2005 Licence to Operate a Boom-Type Elevating Work Platform (Boom Length 11M or more)
What is an Elevating Work Platform?
An elevating work platform is either a telescoping device, hinged device, articulated device or any combination of these used to support a platform on which personnel, equipment or materials may be elevated to perform work. Excluded from this definition are elevating work platforms of less than 11 metre boom length.
The length of the boom is the greater of the following:
- The vertical distance from the surface supporting the boom-type elevating work platform to the floor of the platform with the platform extended to its maximum height.
- The horizontal distance from the centre point of the boom's rotation to the outer edge of the platform with the platform extended to its maximum distance.
Who is required to have an Elevating Work Platform licence?
Any person wishing to gain the skills required to obtain competency to operate Truck or Trailer mounted, Self-propelled Boom Lifts under 11 metres, Scissor Lifts (of any height), Vertical mast/personal lifts and articulated Elevated Work Platforms up to 11 Metres.
What will I learn?
- Hazard identification, risk assessment and controls
- Fall arrest harness inspection, fitting and use
- Identify safe operating parameters using data plate and manual
- Conduct pre and post operational checks
- Operation of EWP
- Emergency procedures
What are the pre-requisites?
Must at 18 years of age
- Have a current white card
- Must be able to supply 100 points of identification
- Have a good understanding of the English language
- Arrive 15 minutes early to your training session
How can obtain my Elevating Work Platform licence?
Contact the All States Training office on (07) 4123 0415 and one of our friendly staff will direct you to one of our trainers.
Face-to-face delivery only.