This course provides the student with the outcomes required to assess and manually fall small trees with a low level of complexity and to complete operator maintenance. Basic trees typical to the scope of this unit may include the following characteristics:
▪ lean and distribution of the crown weight does not create a complex situation to assess or fell
▪ small dimensions relative to local forest size distribution
▪ no excessive lean
▪ no visible damage or defect
▪ species that are not prone to free splitting and adverse reactions during felling
▪ single stem or non-complex multi-stems
▪ diameter of tree is less than chainsaw bar length
▪ grown on terrain and slope that does not add significant complexity to the operation
The course applies to those in a forest, agricultural, local council, emergencies services and other government agency environment. With the exception of minor forest produce, it is not relevant to commercial harvesting operations.
In order to receive a certificate for any accredited course, all students must have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). We recommend that you create your USI before you book your course. You will need your USI to enrol. Create one or find out more at www.usi.gov.au
On successful completion you will be issued with a Statement of Attainment.