FWPHAR2206 - Operate Mobile Chipper/Mulcher
Please note, all equipment is to be supplied by the client. If you are unable to access a machine, we are able to hire one for a further cost.
All States Training is able to come to you for these courses.
We are flexible and mobile to meet your training needs.
Chippers/mulchers are used daily to take care of environmental waste matter associated with forests and other plant life. Mulchers and chippers are large machinery items which are powerful and possibly dangerous when if not operated correctly or with the skills required for safety. This is where proper training and assessment is required.
- Applicable Commonwealth, State or Territory legislation for operating a mobile chipper/mulcher.
- Environmental protection requirements, including the safe disposal of waste material and the cleaning of plant, tools and equipment.
- Organisational and site standards, requirements, policies and procedures for operating a mobile chipper/mulcher.
- Characteristics of trees and timber defects.
- Chipping/mulching procedures.
- Mobile chipper/mulcher operation and safety.
- Chipper/mulcher condition assessment
- Social/community benefit of uses for chipped/mulched timber.
- Problem identification and resolution strategies and common fault finding techniques.
- Types of tools and equipment and procedures for their use, operation and maintenance.
- Appropriate mathematical procedures for estimating and measuring, including calculating time to complete tasks.
Face-to-Face delivery only.
This unit forms part of the Full Qualification
- AHC20416 Certificate II in Horticulture
Unique Student Identifier (USI)
In order to receive a certificate for any accredited course, all students must have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). We recommend that you create your USI before you book your course. You will need your USI to enrol. Create one or find out more at www.usi.gov.au