RIIWHS302D - Implement Traffic Management Renewal (R)
If you were looking for the Traffic Management Implementation Full Course it can be found by clicking here.
The Department of Transport and Main Roads Queensland (TMR) require people implementing Traffic Guidance Schemes (TGS), that are placing temporary signage and devices onto QLD roads, complete the RIIWHS302D course and refresh their knowledge via a renewal course every 3 years. Click here for TMR's FAQ's.
Pre-requisites / Course Requirements
To enrol, participants are required to:
- Hold a current QLD Traffic Management Implementation card or equivalent,
- Hold a White Card (General Construction Induction Card) or equivalent and,
- From 1st Oct 2019, participants will also be required to complete the following QLD Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) eLearning courses prior to attending the “renewal” TMI course:
- Working in Proximity to Traffic (Part 1)
- Working in Proximity to Traffic (Part 2)
- PLEASE NOTE: These courses are completed online via the TMR website. Fees apply and are paid directly to TMR by the learner. CLICK HERE to access. Copies of your certificate of completion must be supplied when enrolling.
- Currency of Industry Practice (Third Party Reports x 2; TGS, toolbox, SWMS Risk Management Plan)
- Statement of Attainment for RIIWHS302D Implement Traffic Management Plan
For Currency of Industry form, please click link COIP Form
Duration The theory component of the course is approximately 6 hours, with evidence of two (2) completed onsite set ups able to be provided prior to course attendance.
Theory The trainer will take the learners through a PowerPoint display and assessment workbook. This will include group discussions, case studies, exercises and combined with two simulated class practicals, focuses on traffic management implementation in QLD. Participants will be given key items as takeaway materials.
The assessment is open book and will be completed gradually in stages as the day progresses. A 100% pass mark is required. Two (2) attempts at the theory component are permitted; trainer assistance is available for a second attempt.
Practical Participants are required to complete two (2) x Traffic Guidance Scheme (TGS) set ups on “live sites”. The TGS implementations are to be of a varying level of difficulty and different in nature, e.g. stop/slow, lateral shift, road closure, frequently changing, mobile works etc. A competent traffic management implementer (holder of a Traffic Management Implementation card) is required to sign off the participant’s paperwork.
The two (2) onsite setups must be completed and received by AST prior to completing the course.
Award Issue and TMI Card
From 1st October 2019 AST will issue a:
- Statement of Attainment (RIIRIS301D Apply Risk Management Processes),
- Verification of Currency (RIIWHS302D) and,
- Wallet sized QLD TMI card
PLEASE NOTE: From 1st Oct 2019 a copy of the Working in Proximity to Traffic (WPT) (Part 1 & 2) certificates must be submitted to AST as part of the currency of industry practice evidence
- Prior to enrolling, all AST learners will need to meet AST course participant identification requirements (refer to the AST Student Handbook)
- Participant's personal information will be collected and disclosed to the Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR).
- This course does not qualify participants to control traffic with a Stop/Slow bat.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)/Credit Transfer
There is no RPL/Credit Transfer available for this course. This is a TMR requirement.
Contact one of our friendly staff for current pricing, ph: 4123 0415.
Unique Student Identifier (USI)
In order to receive a certificate for any accredited course, all students must have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). We recommend that you create your USI before you book your course. You will need your USI to enrol. Create your USI now or find out more...