All States Training is able to come to you for these courses. We are flexible and mobile to meet your training needs.
Working safely near live electrical apparatus as a non-electrical worker is a course designed to give workers with non-electrical backgrounds the knowledge to stay safe and understand compliance requirements when working near live power sources.
The course duration is approx. 4-6 hours. This course is held as class situation; we are flexible and can come to your worksite to conduct this course.
This course will provide you with the necessary technical knowledge to safely work near over head power line. At completion, each participant will be able to:
- Identify statutory acts and regulations associated with working or operating vehicles/plant, equipment, and handheld tools near overhead power lines
- Identify hazards associated with working or operating vehicles/plant, equipment, and handheld tools near overhead power lines.
- Identify various hardware and voltages in the Electricity Supply Industry (ESI) environment
- Identify relevant clearances for various voltages found in the ESI environment
- Identify correct selection and understanding of clearance tables relevant to the task being performed
- Identify correct emergency procedures associated with working or operating vehicles/plant, equipment, and handheld tools near overhead power lines.
All participants undertaking training will be given all course materials upon commencement of course
Benefits to Employers
All participants will be able to work safely near and around electrical overhead wires and make sure that others are in a safe environment.
- Ability to read and correctly interpret complex signage, speak clearly and unambiguously in English; and to explain, describe and verify sometimes complex needs and issues.
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Photo ID
- Energex and Ergon have recently reviewed the training requirements for a person to be approved as an ‘Authorised Person’ as detailed in the Electrical Safety Regulations 2013.
Energex and Ergon will now accept below training outcome to satisfy the training requirements to become an ‘Authorised Person’.
National Unit of Competency UETTDREL14 Working safely near live electrical apparatus as a non-electrical worker and the completion of the online course T0790 Introduction to QLD Legislation and Codes of Practice.*
*T0790 Introduction to QLD Legislation and Codes of Practice is a MANDATORY requirement of Ergon/Energex for any persons wanting to become an ‘Authorised Person’ the link is supplied for your convenience.
You will receive a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment when you successfully complete this course.
Refresher is required every 2 years
Price on application.